Everyone loves the New Year. It’s very exciting, and as the fireworks go off and the Times Square ball drops, we all become very visionary—both for our personal lives and our businesses. It’s a great chance to start over and create something new. Here are five ideas for making your visions a reality.
- Start with your imagination. Your imagination is your ability to image, picture, conceptualize, envision and dream. To set it right, you must see it right. The Bible speaks of the “eyes of your mind”, and in order to create that which we most desire, me must begin with the pictures we are holding in our mind. Imagination lives between our eyes at that point we call the “third eye”, one that enables us to see beyond what we normally take in through our two physical eyes. When you consider that all products, services and ideas began in someone’s imagination, you begin to see the powerful device we all have within us. Use your imagination to create the vision you so desire.
- Write it down. Pretty simple, but many people never do it, or if they do, they make a list of New Year’s resolutions tack them to a bulletin board or stick them in a drawer and forget about it. The most successful business owners I know put pen to paper and write down their intentions, goals and visions for their business, and look at it often. It’s an age-old secret—putting pen to paper ignites the magic so that you’ll start seeing your desires come to fruition. Plus, you never have to worry about keeping all of it stored in your memory—now your brain is no longer a storage device it is a creative ideas device!
- Color your vision. That’s right, go buy some markers and color your goals and visions for your business. Kids use their imagination to create and they always love to use art to bring their thoughts to life, and so can you! Why does this work? Because when we take a few minutes to disconnect from our logical left-brain, and enter our creative right-brain, we tend to find ourselves in the “zone” where our ideas can become incredibly expansive. You don’t need to be an artist. At the very least, try just doodling around the visions you have written down in your business journal or planner. Just watch what happens to the continuous flow of ingenious ideas to push your vision into manifestation.
- Find a vision partner. It is so important that you have an ally to bounce off ideas and get constructive feedback. Align yourself with a friend or business associate that really understands your vision and can be there to encourage you. It may be helpful to hire a mindset coach or business coach who can guide you on a productive path and hold you accountable so that you move forward.
- Take 3 small, but bold action steps. Make the decision to take three action steps today. This is where people get stuck. It’s fine and dandy to imagine it, write it, color it, and discuss it, but nothing will ever happen if you don’t take action. Often when we look at our grand vision for our business, the tasks looks overwhelming, but if you can identify three small, but bold action steps and implement them quickly, you’ll begin to feel the power of momentum. Once momentum kicks in, you’re confidence skyrockets and you’ll experience a flow of opportunities to grow your vision.
So here’s a toast to your New Year and the abundant manifestation of your vision! If you’d like to hear more on this subject please reserve your seat now for the next Expand Your Impact event were you’ll hear Gina diver deeper into this subject.