Are you getting clients on a regular (daily, weekly) basis from your presence on Linkedin?
If NO, then you are not increasing your online profitability.
Keep reading to find out how to stop flushing money down the toliet NOW!
Is YOUR profile on the first page of the results for your ideal keywords?
If NO, then you are not increasing your online visibility. Keep reading to find out how to stop hiding from your ideal clients NOW!
If you answered NO to both of the above questions then I’m probably safe to bet that you are committing 1 if not 7 of the Deadly Linkedin Sins.
- Your Profile is BORING. If you’ve got your title listed as CEO, Coach, Founder then you are boring. How about an attention grabbing title like “Top Online Profit Strategist, Reveals How to Stop Wasting Money & Energy on Advertising and Branding!”. My being the CEO doesn’t tell you as the reader anything about what I can do for you.
- Your Profile is NOT keyword optimized. Just like with Google, it’s important to flesh out your entire profile with the keywords your ideal prospects would be using to search and find you. If you haven’t sat down and really thought about what words people are using to find you on Linkedin (Word of Caution…they may be different than the ones they use to find you on Google!) then you’re losing visibility that ultimately leads to lost profits. 😥
- Your Profile is NOT tuned into WIIFM. Your profile on Linkedin is not the place to let your ego hang out. Of course it’s important to be fabulous-but we already know you are so tell us “What’s In It For Me” as the reader of your profile. Can you help me make more money, save time or stress less. The copy writing for your LInkedin profile is just that-an exercise in copy writing…of clearly communicating the BENEFITS your product/service provides.
- You list “website” as the hyperlink for your website. This sin is a combination of #1 and #2. You’ve got prime opportunity here to key word optimize your hyperlinks and most people aren’t taking advantage of this opportunity.
- You do NOT clearly tell people WHY and HOW you can help them solve their problems. If your ‘positions’ sound like they came off an old school resume then you aren’t doing a good job of telling people WHY and HOW they need you. But if your positions read like one of my private client’s “Executive Coach Increases Performance in Dysfunctional Teams in Finance, Healthcare and IT Companies” then it’s a lot more clear what problems you can solve and for whom.
- You are making them think to much. Your profile should let people know exactly what the next step to take clearly is. Is it to schedule a strategy session with you or download your Client Magnet? Don’t make them think or they’ll think their way out of working with you.
- You do NOT have your own Group on Linkedin. Yes it’s good form to participate in groups but if you’re looking to establish your expertise or thought leadership you MUST have your own group.
If you find you are committing ANY (heaven forbid ALL) of these sins then it’s an absolute No-Brainer for you to sign up for my LinkedIn Magic Bullet Program.