It does not have to be expensive to start your marketing program for your coaching practice. There are a lot of free or inexpensive and powerful marketing ideas that you can use to get the word out about your coaching business.
- Freebies — Create low cost and low time products from old blog posts, private label rights (PLR) or ask someone for a donation of some products that complement yours, that you can give to people who sign up for your newsletter. Make the freebie worth it, but also make your newsletter worth it.
- Blogging — A blog is social media, to use it right you need to actually write blog posts to your target market, about your niche, three to five times a week, without fail. If you write how you talk, buy and edit private label rights (PLR), or hire someone it does not matter, but for it to work it must be unique, useful, and regular.
- Social media — We all know what social media is, Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, forums, blogging, it’s all social media, but many of us use it incorrectly. To succeed at using social media you must be social and participate in the process. Answer other people’s questions free, give advice free, and your signature line will do the rest.
- Face to Face — Due to the popularity of the Internet we often forget that face to face marketing works too, so don’t over look what is right in front of you. Join local organizations and socialize with local movers and shakers. Get on a speaking list and offer to speak to groups, this can become another lucrative paying aspect of your coaching business.
- Business Cards – We all get them made, but did you know most of us don’t even use them? Get a good card made, using the front and the back, and at every function ask for the person’s card with whom you’re conversing, and then give them two of yours. Tell them if they recommend you to someone you’ll give a special deal to their friend, and give them a referral bonus for a signed contract.